Chambers and Partners Publishing of England, publishers of an annual
directory of leading lawyers in the United Kingdom, also publish
– a directory of the world’s leading law firms and
lawyers. Listing in the directory is by selection of the publishers
and no fee is payable or charged. Since commencement of rating of Malawi
lawyers in 1998, it has rated Savjani & Co. as Malawi’s only Band 1 law firm and
Krishna Savjani as Malawi’s leading lawyer (the only lawyer in Band
Chambers Global have said the following about Savjani & Co.:
- “The leading firm in the country” handles the whole range of
corporate work in Malawi, typically for an international client base.
- Widely hailed as “the best corporate firm in Malawi”, it advises on
large commercial transactions, including joint ventures and transfers.
- Peers and clients alike paid tribute to the “international knowledge
and skill” demonstrated by this firm, which has retained its
reputation as the “strongest in the country”. Under the umbrella of
its corporate/commercial function, the team here handles banking and
finance, M&A and project finance. It also maintains a highly
respected commercial litigation practice.
- Malawi’s largest firm and leading corporate practice. A number of
international clients said: “It’s either them or no one”.
- Clients concur that “there’s nobody in Malawi to compete” with this
firm. Across corporate and commercial fields the team produces an
“international standard of work” and is “a pleasure to work with”
sources enthuse. The firm also prides itself on its comprehensive
legal training, which attracts many top university students.
- Widely regarded as handling the most comprehensive range of work in
the country, this “high-profile, pre-eminent” firm impresses clients
with its timely responses and high-quality advice.
- “Savjani & Co is a substantial force in the Malawi legal market and
is widely considered the premier address for all types of
representation. The firm is consulted on the largest international
mandates as well as key local matters …”
The International Financial Law Review (IFLR 1000) was first published
in 1982 and is a market-leading financial law publication for lawyers
in financial institutions, corporates and private practice. IFLR 1000
has listed and rated Savjani & Co. as a Tier 1 firm (the only Malawi
firm with such rating). Such listing is by the selection of the